A short guide to the new season.
- We have a new President – Jim Breen of Seapoint RFC. Here is what he has to say about his year ahead.
- There are new laws. They can be found on the law page of the website
- There are new expenses rules. They can be found on the expenses page where you can also find the form to fill out to claim them. Please claim expenses every two months.
- You might have a red card this season – here is what you should do.
- Got a law question? Be sure to ask the duty ref
- Need assistance – not sure about certain things, processes – ask you area rep
- Summered too well – get some fitness in
- When is the next meeting on – check the calendar
- Where am I refereeing? – check the locator
- Going to have a great season? – here is where you could be next
Go out and enjoy it.
Wednesday 29th August
St Marys College RFC
For those referees who missed the seminar and have not had a formal presentation of the new laws.
The Leinster Rugby Referees in association with the IRFU Referee Development department will hold a series of one day courses for new recruits in the coming weeks so if you are interested in becoming a referee check out the details.
Sunday 16th September
Leinster Branch Offices UCD
Contact: David Keane
Leinster Rugby Referee David Keane has been chosen as one of the referees for the 2012/13 HSBC Sevens World Series, which starts in Australia in October…
The IRB has announced the match official appointments for the upcoming HSBC Sevens World Series, which kicks off on Australia’s Gold Coast on October 13-14 and adds a new venue in La Plata, Argentina.
In total, 15 Member Unions are represented among the panel of referees for the 10-leg Series while two – New Zealand’s James McPhail and South African Rasta Rasivhenge – will officiate at all 10 tournaments.
The Annual Golf Outing will take place on Friday September 7th in the magnificent Killiney Golf Club Details and time-sheet will be sent out shortly.