Expense details and guidance are provided hereafter. Underlying the responsible administration of the policies, it is important that appropriate records of official member appointments and participation are retained at all times so that on demand evidence is available.
Expenses may be claimed for Matches only.
The Leinster Rugby Referees (LRR), under the guidance of the Leinster Branch, will reimburse members for reasonable mileage expenses incurred for all official appointments. Official appointments include those made by Senior and Junior Selection, Area Reps, Assessor Selection, Referee Administrator. The first 16k of any expense will not be reimbursed.
(a) Individuals may be appointed as:
– Touch judge,
– Fourth official
– Fifth official,
– Referee Liaison
*In a similar way, these guidelines apply to the appointment of Assessors. The discharge of Assessing expenses will not be completed until the related reports have been submitted and filed on the system.
(b) Matches covered:
All Leinster Branch official league and cup competitions
Age Grade games – subject to LRR official appointment
School games – subject to LRR official appointment
Sevens competitions for which the LRR makes appointments
Any such fixtures to which the LRR makes appointments from time to time
To ensure compliance with prudent financial management practice, where appointments are made by Area Reps, it is a requirement that they provide the Referee Administrator and the Hon Treasurer with timely details of all such appointments.
- Expenses must be submitted online
- As of now the rate is 31.5 cent per km.
- The first 16km or less will not be reimbursed.
- Expenses must be submitted as requested by the Treasurer, usually November, January, March/April. Expenses may not be carried over from each expense period. This is to cut down on the delays in dealing with a substantial number of claims at the end of the season and the major cost to the Branch at that time.
- Only matches that appear in your online appointments record may be claimed for.
- Venue for game must be as per appointments from D Collins, particularly if there is a neutral venue.
- All claims have to be in Km and must show tolls/meals separately.
- Area reps to advise D Collins of all trialists who do school/underage/club games. This list must be submitted and updated online before a trialist can send in an expense claim.
- Treasurer may ask D Collins for an appointment report on any referee/assessor.
- All expenses claims or queries to be sent to Honorary Treasurer Mark Power.
- Travel to/from matches should be by the most direct route.
- Please use the Rugby club locator to calculate the distance